translate

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Purple Dinosuar

My little purple dinosaur how you've sat in my chest of treasures for years.
You've been on my mind, my friend.
My precious little plastic toy you've seen it all.
From my play key chains you hung. 
Upon dresser shelves you sat.
Among decorations and other playthings.
My scuffed up little purple dinosaur.
How could I have forgotten you?
I've tried my best to hide my youth and childish things,
but today I take you out.
Today you sit in front of me reminding me the way things used to be.
I remember the day you broke;
I remember the day you fell. 
The day I was forced to say goodbye and so-long. 
You represent simplicity, good times & contagious child laughter.
Purple Dinosaur.
You make no sense in the today's world.
Your color isn't right and your body isn't thin.
You're too small.  
What possible difference can you make in the world of today?
You can't even roar; you scare no one.
But there you are.....here you are inside me.
Inside hidden in my chest of treasures.
You lay underneath these new age lies-
you're buried underneath what it means to be an adult.
My little purple dinosaur.
I have forgotten about the little girl inside. 
She looks up from the grave she's built and wonders who will find her.
She sits and stares as time goes by.
Time has covered her with scales and shells.
She has rough edges protruding from her back.
Her arms and head are scuffed....she been dragged along roads she did not belong.
I remember the day she fell, the day I had to say "so-long."
Why can't we play, laugh, and sing like we used to?
Why must we fight, cry, and scream?
There is so much hatred and darkness; I can not see.
Where is the light?
Where is the love?
My little purple dinosaur come back to me; 
come back to us.
Bring back the naive, the unknowing, and joy of each moment.
Remind us we are not alone.
Remind me you have not left.
Those old times can be brought back.
Purple dinosaur,
you're nothing and yet, you're everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment