translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

I am not a Christian...

I am not a Christian...when or if or just because:

I am not a Christian when I just go to church on Sunday mornings and believe that there is nothing else that separates me from the world. Matthew 23 : 27-28

I am not a Christian if I just consider a measly four walled (or octagon-shaped) building as the "church". Psalm 139: 7-8

I am not a Christian when I have not actively, on my own, sought out what the Bible says instead of/in addition to just listening to what someone preaches about it. Ezekiel 37: 4-6

I am not a Christian due to the fact that I pray before meals or know that my soul will go to heaven when I die. Matthew 25: 1-12

I am not a Christian if what I say onto others I do not reflect, even behind closed doors. 1 Samuel 16: 7

I am not a Christian if my mouth does not recognize the power and responsibility it has. James 3: 9-12

I am not a Christian just because I do not swear, slander, or conform. Matthew 18: 3

I am not a Christian when I speak of standing up for injustice, but when it "hits too close to home" or would be "too hard" I do nothing. James 1: 27

I am not a Christian if I think this life is all about me, or that I can not change/help better the world in some way. Ephesians 4:11-13

I am not a Christian when I do not hold in high esteem (both psychologically & physically) this body that I have been given. 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20

I am not a Christian when I cling to other teachings or philosophies just as much or slightly more than the words of the Holy Bible. Psalms 19: 7-11

I am not a Christian if I countlessly refute other's ways and never my own. Romans 2: 19-23

I am not a Christian just because I have read the whole Bible, front to back, two or more times [or if the only scripture I do know is John 3:16]. 2 Timothy 3: 14-17

I am not a Christian if I do not have a story to tell about how Jesus saved my life personally. John 9:25

I am not a Christian if I do not at least work on understanding what true forgiveness is and am willing to offer that to my offender. Matthew 18: 21-22

Being a Christian means being a Christ-Follower, not a fan. It is about a personal relationship not a religion. Through faith do I believe and the grasp He has on me is never broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment