translate

Friday, July 26, 2019

Can We Ever Truly Know?

What are these hands that you would pay me to labor with?
What are these feet that you would call me to move with?
What is this face that you would willingly dream of?
What is this mouth that you would long to hear from?
What are these ears that you would seek to meet with?
What is my mind that you would want to sit with?
What are these eyes that you would hope to find love in?
What is this body that you would covet warmth with?
What is my gender that you would liken to trade with?
What is my chest that you would rush to rest against?
What is it about me that makes you want,
makes you cringe,
makes you desire,
makes you sick?
What is it that you call beautiful, handsome,
sexy,
and yet, still not worthy?
Do I have it? Can I have it?
What is my name that you have seemed to captured it?
A perfect frame,
a perfect gaze....
Repeat those words
and I'll spill my guts, burn bridges,
run from love.

No comments:

Post a Comment