translate

Friday, August 26, 2022

The Hardest Goodbye

The hardest thing to do is to say, "I love you...and that's why I must leave."


The hardest part is saying good-bye 

when I wanted to die by your side

when I wanted to know your embrace at night

when your affections aren't alive

How can I let go what's been held onto for so long?


The hardest part is packing up

when I look up and see our pictures you hung

with these walls we've marked up 

with this place we invested in

How can I let go of what I've wanted us to become?


The hardest part is moving on

when I wanted to follow you where ever

when I would do anything and everything

when you never told me how you felt

How can I let go when you're still around?


The hardest part is finding a new face

when your's give me the greatest joy

with your magnificent eyes

with your brilliant mind

How can I let another in my heart when you've been there way too long?






No comments:

Post a Comment