translate

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

It's By Words

You said, "come." 
I came, after a while. You said, "sit."
I sat, after questioning where.
You said, "walk with me."
I said "sure, but for how long?"
You said, "don't worry."
I said "okay," but my heart said no.
You said, "take my hand."
I staired & laughed.
Are you really here God?
Do you really want me God?
You smiled & laughed right along.
You knew my every song.
Regardless of my doubts & shortcomings,
You whispered, "I love you."
And I listened.
I was in awe.
I was amazed.
You drew me in & healed my wounds.
You wrapped your arms around me
& you called me by name.
I like it here in your embrace.
I like it here in your arms of grace.
But then you asked me,
"Will you go where I have gone?
Will you do what I have done?"
I was confused.
"Father, why don't we wait-
Why don't we rest?"
But something stirred in my heart,
Something sparked.
All around me people didn't see,
All around me people didn't hear.
"You want me to show them the way?"
You nodded yes.
"Am I ready for the call?
Am I ready to bare it all?"
You nodded yes.
"Just continue walking with me,
For I am all you need."
I held on tight before we took flight.
Where will we go next?
He smiled & said,
"To wherever my Love can rest."


No comments:

Post a Comment