translate

Sunday, March 27, 2016

It's Simple But Foolish

It's simple, but also foolish that I would be so madly in love with something I cannot see. However, just because I don't see it, that does not mean that I cannot feel it.

It is love. But more than that, it is my love for my savior Jesus Christ & the love He shares with me. Many people view this as a religion. Many people call me religious. Many people just see this as something to quiet my wandering thoughts, to settle my doubts, and somehow answer my fears. Yes, it does some of those things. But it also does so much more than that.

Have you ever longed for someone that you've missed so much that when they've finally arrived you run up to them, embrace them in your arms, & touch their face as if they're the last thing in the world that you'll ever touch?

That kind of intimate moment that you want to take a picture of & frame so you can hang it above your fireplace and reminisce upon it every day. However, you know that the moment won't last and the picture won't fully capture the enormity of that moment in time. So you do that of which you only truly know how to, you seize every second. You embrace every breath, take in the aroma, & let the cascading colors of your whole environment invade and seep into your heart.

You never want to go, you never want them to leave, this moment in time needs to be frozen in time for all eternity & for all to see. Yet, many don't see.

I desire all to see. The Father wants all to see. I only want what the Father wants.

Yet, I can't do anything about your belief...about your way of life...what you think or why.

Yes, you are right.

But so was Jesus when He said, "I am the Way, the Truth, & the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me. And no one comes to me unless the Father has revealed myself to him/her."

Ahhh if only my words were of more eloquence; if only my body reflected everyday, every hour what my spirit knows!

I sat beside a tree in a camp ground with a group of students all searching for something to fulfill their identities, in a state I barely knew, coming back from a festival that laid the ground work of a life long journey I've always dreamed of, and I read these words:

"Behold anyone who is in Christ is a new creation! Therefore, see the old has gone and the new has come!"

What mighty & weighty words! What glorious & out of this world joy I had found in Jesus!

Don't you want to be made new? To have joy that nobody or no thing can ever take from you?

He was/is my best friend when others left, my Father I needed, the protector during those rough nights, my God I had not truly worshipped until I laid down my life.

He gets me. He knows me. He made me. I love Him. I want Him.

Jesus. God. Holy Spirit.

I don't need traditions.

I need relationships...

Jesus is the only way to God. How you come to Jesus I don't care. I just care that you come.

He waits for you like He waited for me. A fool who once thought works made me good enough, who thought heaven would be really boring, & how this life was just about pretending to be someone I'm not.

I'll tell you who I am...who you are. You are God's child, you are royal, a city on a hill, a twinkle in His eye, a priceless gem, a friend who will never be forsaken or forgotten.

You're not alone in this life.

He has so much in store for you!

I know this all can be a lot. I know you find it hard to believe. I know you find no logic in faith.

Ohhh man but once you find it, you never want to lose it!

Love so amazing, so invigorating, so extravagant, & powerful!!!

For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten son to die, so that if the world would believe they would be saved.

For He was in the world but the world did not recognize Him.

How can you not recognize the Savior of the world?

Better yet, why do you ignore Him?

Are you ashamed? Embarrassed? Confused?

Come, come, all who are thirty & drink. I give free of charge! For I have come to open the eyes of the blind & heal the lame, so that they may see that I am good & walk in the way of righteous.

Or do you not care?

This I can not compute. How can you not care about your own life? How you got here & why? Where you're going & why?

Deciding not to do anything about your belief is the choice to go against it.

Didn't Jesus say, you will know who are my true disciples by the way they live?

I know I'm addressing different crowds here. Take & leave what you must. But the Good News stands regardless:

Jesus (who was fully God & fully man) was crucified for our sins and resurrected on the third day making it possible for us to have access to the Father forevermore.

Can I get a hallelujah and amen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment