translate

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Remedy

As she picks up that silver blade once again,
These words ring in her frazzled head-
Not the ones of regret,
Not the ones of shame,
Her past doesn't call her name.
Rather it's her Beloved,
The One there from the very start,
The One always mending her aching heart.

The Spirit says:
"I know your pain-
I can take it,
I can take it.
I feel your sorrow-
Let me take it,
Let me take it.
I hear your cries-
I will take them,
I will take them."

She puts the razor away.
A cut doesn't change a thing.
This blood can't wash the
scarlet stain.
She hurts, but is held-
He calls her "treasured."
She weeps but is healed-
He calls her "redeemed."
Walking through her yesterdays,

Falling into this familiar warm embrace,
Clinging to a future
without disgrace
She sings:
"You can take it
You can take it."

No comments:

Post a Comment