translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Swept Off My Feet

oh sweet melodies bring the numbness back to my fingers/that ache in my heart/oh wonderous wind bring with you my chills/down my spine/I'll be thinking of you

Small invasive tears rush from my eyes/sliding down these checks I've wished/
longed for their kiss/flame flicker harder/let my heart daydream of this lover

oh silly mind/how quick you are to jump ahead/ you plan of weddings and death beds/
heavy breathe hold your tongue/ just a, just a moment now/ before everything falls apart

Lust disguised as giddiness/I pick each word every so delicately/
like pulling thorns from a rose bush/who am I that you should find?

oh body how old you've gotten/child-like spirit can't you say what you mean/
say how you feel/show them this is something real


No comments:

Post a Comment