translate

Sunday, January 17, 2016

To My One and Only

I'm not looking for a man who buys me flowers, in fact I hate flowers. You have to constantly water them, make sure they're in the sunlight, make sure they have the proper soil... And for what? They die after like a week! If you want to get me chocolates that's okay. But I'll probably complain about how fat I'm getting; and although you'll politely say,  "no", we both know the truth.

However, Doritos would be always welcomed.

A teddy bear would be nice too, but not those big gigantic teddy bears. I mean come on, do you really think I have somewhere to put that thing?! I would prefer something small, something I can hold onto, and grab while I'm sleeping. And just to let you know, Winnie the Pooh is my favorite.

If you're looking to "wow" me don't do it by quoting a cheesy pick up phrase or commenting about my body. Instead just sing, "Electric Feel" by MGMT. Or just have a conversation with me. Pick my brain! I love asking a million & one questions, so do the same!

I'm not a huge romantic. You don't have to hold my hand all the time, or kiss me before you leave. A simple hug here and there will do, but the type of hugs that let me know that you never want to let me go.

The perfect date would be just walking around, playing video games, fishing, moshing at a concert, or ridding the Top Thrill Dragster.... I'm simple, can't you tell?  But I'm also complicated & can't make hasty desicions, so don't ask me where I want to eat. I'll prolly say, "Something with beef or chicken & cheese."

Side note, I'm bad with directions. Also, I'm bad at spelling.

Technology isn't my strong suite either.

More importantly, I need someone to be silly and goofy along side me. Don't stare at me while I'm talking to myself or act like you don't know me while I bust out a air guitar solo in the car while in traffic. Yeah sure I want to lock arms sometimes and dress fancy, perhaps put on some red lipstick. But let's have fun & be crazy!
Not like the world gets crazy. We'll be a world of our own.

Let's make up games, have contests, dress up in customs & go to Comic Con. Let's watch Walking Dead & A Walk to Remember...what?-They play my favorite band.

We won't get drunk on alcohol or wine, rather we will get drunk off the Holy Spirit & each others company. We won't get high or buzzed off narcotics, or caught up in gossip & drama.

You'll be strong & brillant, cunning & sharp...and have amazingly awesome hair....hahah
All in all, you'll be found in the Lord.

I'll be gentle & wise, sweet & kind. Only ever because of our Savior.

We'll be two peas in pod. We'll stick together through thick & thin.

However, keeping in mind perfection never wins.

We are broken people trying to make things work. We'll fight & bicker. And I won't always be right.

We'll let pride & selfishness creep in, we'll let it steal our sunshine & bring about storms we wish wouldn't abide.

I wish I could be your Proverbs 31 girl. Someone who's excellant at cooking, cleans without complaining, cheers the same football team as you & even lets you go out with the guys on our anniversary.

But that would be a joke. I've done some things I'm not proud off. I'm not all glimmer and gold. However, I still have a heart & you're the one I want to hold.

Let me be your forever friend. Let me bless you, nourish you, help you...but never change you. Relationships are for growing together.

For the same God who corrects me needs to be present in your life.

Let's walk this narrow road together. When the one trips, stumbles & falls, the other is there to pick them up.

I want to love you like Jesus does, but I can't even come close.

I know you want to love me like Jesus does, but we both know the ending. And forgive me when I don't accept you're love, but instead allow fear & shame to block it off.

We'll pray together for guidance, abundance of grace, & a love that's unwavering.

Praying, "Father, teach me to listen & not criticize. Teach me to be humble & put myself aside. Teach me to be the man/woman they need at this moment. Praising you for a companship predestined from the beginning. Thanking you for your timing of things & most importantly, being a strong fortress in our time of need."

We all need someone that's more than a hot body to lay next too. Someone more than a one night stand. Someone who cares more about endurance & character than a momentarily fix.

My love, you are my one & only. Don't forget it.

So tell me what makes you happy & about your dreams. I'll cheer you on & pray you win. You bring me joy just being who you are, wherever you are...my one & only.

Wishing I knew you today or could meet you tomorrow. Until then, happy new year & God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment