translate

Monday, January 25, 2016

Eskimo Kisses

Can't this be done & over with?
Microwaved love & left over kisses
Can't spill your guts & smear over the end
Let's speed things up for the sake of the draw

Not getting any younger here,
Your devilish youth pulls the covers over
Waves in the ocean, we wonder
Where the rights will turn left &
What will be next

Trusting in you is like trusting a fall,
I'm stuck in the mystery of something
Or stuck in a hole.
Play your cards just right & toss another net under this heart your about to catch.

Nothing comes from nothing,
It's nothing like I dreamt.
So I'll run & hide everything I really meant.

What I meant to say was I'm scared & a wreck,
The sailors came & went.
I watched the lighthouse burn & collapse,
My house was a wreck.

What I meant to do was take your hand,
Let you take my heart over my head
& we would set sail beyond the end-
Beyond the end all reason,
Beyond the end of all seasons,
Beyond the end of self pity & doubt,
Beyond this dreaded fear & drought,
Beyond these many miles between us
& the ages of time that keep us.

It's you, you I've found
All things happen for a reason,
It's you, you've I've found
A treasure way above ground

Stop this jealousy
Of things of the past.
Put an end of this foolery
Of things we can not change.

Warm up the kindle,
Spice up the cabinet,
A little sprinkle never hurt anyone,
So let's have it!

Patience rests my soul
As this love becomes full.

No comments:

Post a Comment