translate

Monday, February 1, 2016

For You New Unbeliever

You say I don't want to hear, I want to hear...no matter how painful, no matter how pain- stricken.
I want to hear your heart break, because mine is breaking as you speak.
You tell of wars, secrets, and secret wars.
You tell of how they lied, how they stole, how they broke in and carved a hole no one can ever mend.
You then say God is not good.
You then say...God is not good.
Your lips utter that I don't want to hear, but I want all of you. I wanted to listen.
My lips were sealed as yours split wide.
I waited and patiently watched.
Did you think you frightened me? Did you think I'd fight you & prove my ways? No. I sit & I wait. I sit & wait.
You claim you're free, but there are chains. O God how these chains are bidding you!
You say you can do anything now that your faith isn't bound by four walls & a historic tale.
You say God is not good...you say God is not good....
But o my friend how He still cares for you!
Your breathe, your life, this house, these clothes upon you're back...
You're not alone!
You claim more sympathy for the fallen angel.
How many chances did God give you to repent?
How many times will God's arms be open wide?
O God open thy sinner's eyes!
We could quote scripture all day. We could debate and theorize. Yet, this Truth won't make way through that door until I open mine.
So I'll sit and listen.
But, brother, my brother, how inside I weep. I weep for you. For you were once alive and now your dead....dead....dead
What can I do? What can we do?
For God ordained all the days of our lives in His book. He spoke all of them to be...even this one...and the day after next.
Perhaps you were meant to find that pit, that hole, this funeral of once was & is.
Perhaps you were meant to ask all that you did & find the answers that lead you here.
I'm not here to prove I'm right. I'm here to show that He lives.
I'm not here to point fingers.
I'm here to point you to Jesus.
For He found me in the mire & clay. He created something new within. He restores my joy & has become my cornerstone. My mighty cornerstone!
You will hammer & hack away, but He is the only one that Will stay. He is the ONLY one who will stay!
He has blessed you with knowledge & wisdom. And He wants you to find Him just as you are.
So come new found unbeliever. Bring Him your best. Let Him find you & shine His light upon you. Washing away your shame, your rusted chains, your anger, & your hurts.
You say God is not good. Yet, everything around you says differently.
May my life do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment