translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

We Do This Together

My Jesus, my God
How fascinating you are
You never go away,
You never call me a shame.
You come effortlessly to my side
You take a hold of my hands
You whisper,
Everything will be alright.
Oh how your whispers are true!
Oh how they fill me up inside!
What could I do without you?
Where would I be without you?
You embrace me,
You cover me,
You free me,
You redeem me.
I am yours and you are mine
Together we walk
Side by side.
Every minute of every hour
My guilt tries to pull me over
I fear I have done too much,
That I have lost control.
But my story is nothing new.
When I look at you,
You never once sigh from disgruntlement.
My cup truly does run'eth over
From your presence
I truly am alive in you.
My purpose is found,
My strength is renewed.
What love has me now?
What grace revitalizes me now?
Come, come into the wake,
Out of the abyss,
Let Jesus take you now
To where you've always belonged.
I love your mercy, my King.
I love your power to save,
My Everything.
I feel it now residing in my chest,
It's like a fire
That will never be put to rest!
My demons and depression
Slip away.
Nothing can withstand the works
Of Your mouth.
Thank you Jesus.
Thank you Lord.
You see me, you hear me.
You came for me.
And together we do this,
This thing called life
Until eternity.
I can't wait to see your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment