translate

Sunday, January 13, 2013

"When did I lose my Joy, O my God?"

>>So there I was pondering about...well we will leave that detail to my critics, but something grabbed my attention-When did my attention become sooo consumed by this something, that my heart no longer fluttered for my God? When did my mind stop finding pure entertainment from the one I call King? When did my joy in my Savior reduce to a temporary happiness?!! Well, God seemed to address these convictions in my soul, as well as something much bigger-

Grab a Holy Bible or go tohttp://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians%202&version=TNIV and look up: *Ephesians 2* (it is filled with many discussions, but we will only touch on one, I provoke any of you though to further engage me with them some time!)
-Let verses 11-13 resonate in your mind

Turn to or click to *Psalm 122*

-Do you notice any similarities?
Well, I did. I noticed both focus on Israel or the Israelites. This might be a touchy topic for some considering recent events, but this gives all the more reason to keep reading....So who were/are the Israelites? As dictionary.com summarizes and stands in appraise to the scriptures they are: descendants of Jacob, especially a member of the Hebrew people who inhabited the ancient kingdom of Israel & God's chosen people. So what does this have to do with us? Why should the death of someone in the Middle East, politics with people we barely agree with, and revolutions that play no interest to us at all, actually make a difference in our worldview?

Look at Eph. 2:11-13 again. They are us! We (meaning those who are Christians and born Israelites) are family! Whoa! Sorry if I'm stepping on some toes, I am just reading the Word of the One True God. I am reminded of that scene in Lion King 2 Simba's Pride when Kiara (Simba's daughter) speaks to him right when he is at a face off with his mortal enemy (Kiara's future mother- in-law): "Them? Us?Look at them...they are us!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7gD9TRhSo

So how does this tie into Psalm 122? Take a closer look at verses 6-9.
  • Why is David (the Psalmist) praying for peace?
  • Why is he asking for security?
  • WHY AREN'T WE? (In regards to the Middle East, God's chosen ones [the original chosen ones], our family?)
No more is my question a matter of joy, but corresponding to that joy is now: Where oh prosperity have you gone?" verse 9
If I could tie these two passages together I would say: "We need to to start sharing peace with our fellow brothers and sisters (Ps. 122: 8-9), and it can't come from ourselves (Eph. 2:8-10)"
  • What does this mean to you/for you?
  • Is it just changing the course of your speech be enough? Or is it something more?
  • If something more, what? *I believe a huge part of that answer or in answering any puzzle, is first noting what is lost. In this case it's a WHOM.
"There stand the thrones for judgment,
the thrones of the house of David."- Psalm 122:5

" Therefore, remember..."-Eph. 2:11

=the King of kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment