translate

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Like Samson (Judges 13-16, Numbers 6:1-21,Mark 16)

Am I as good as you say I am?/Am I as good as you think I am?/Behind the door, underneath that strength/do I meet the edges of grace/I am not who you think I am/ or at least who you and I hoped I would be/ I will choose may own fate/I will dig my own grave/Because I am sick of how this all plays out/Your laws and regulations/I am just one man/Don't sit there and pretend that I will behave/ I will go my own way/I will upset them all/but it is always behind the curtains, now isn't it/ behind the cascade I dwell/I will be above it/I will earn my own crown/I will take what is mine, even if all falls to the ground/Because how could you look at me besides?/I am just one man/what am I inside?/I am yearning for love/yearning for truth/yearning for the strength to carry through/I thought I had it made/in the secrets I truly hate/Where are you now?/Do you fight for me?/Do you raise an army against me?/Will you defend what was rightfully yours?/Or was the choice to live protected in my hands?/What step should I take?/Because it seems that no matter where I go, I'm failing you/My heart and dreams are elsewhere/and it will lead to unseeing eyes/Let me die with what I have created!/Let me live with the one who was undefeated







*if you could imagine a really hardcore song, this would be it (full of moshing and awe) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment