translate

Saturday, March 1, 2014

16th Street Crush

People say guard your heart/I was praying for somebody like you/people say be wise/but you're the wisest guy I've seen/You're not like me/yet we are very similar/You make me smile,/more importantly/You make me think./I like your style,/I like you just the way you are./My friends know about you/but they don't know/you like I do./Tell me & teach me more./You are important,/you are!/Yet, in all the words/I could say/& all the flutters/of the day,/You can't bring what I need./We don't have/to agree on everything,/tiss true-/however,/Jesus/ Jesus/  Jesus/it always ever has to be /about Jesus

Are you taking a hold/of this heart/or is it being held/captive?/Is it these games/we are playing/or/is it about the/last man standing?/Do you take this hand/of " I do's"/or/am I left blindsided?/You're walking in/circles around me,/already I'm/walking on hands/already I'm/daydreaming in a wasteland/You want me to go/further?/You're pulling on the rope/harder./My heads under water.


Standing alone/standing alone,/never alone./Purity of what again?/Left to innocence played on/an 8-track./Breeze is the breath,/death/to how it needs to be./Wreckage/came & stole/the façade,/covers tore open/the/infirmary for the heart./Eager for more of what?/Never satisfied/with plain./Waiting, watching/spinning/all become dizzy./Depth left/to a brick./Reasoning beyond/logic front center-/love/in the dusk./love in the dusk


No comments:

Post a Comment