translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What Is To Be Had?

Picture and reflect
Look back and deep breath.
When I'm there
That's when I'll begin,
See I'm missing something
Never had.
When I have him
I'll be glad.
What does it take to
Hold a family in place,
To have love's
Trace?
What strength and patience
To be had
To be told to wait?
Can I truly say,
"I cannot hold on any longer!"
This love
So much desired-
What is the end?
How to fight young ones
Into bed,
To come out of traffic's
Commute,
Linger in each other's
Presence
And
Whisper, "I'm through."
It's all about the
Journey,
All about the learning.
And God, that's not it.
We're not just
It.
Don't let life pass
Me by,
Although I'm praying
These selfish prayers of
Mine
I want to hold your
Hand night and day-
And still
Love a man till the
End of age.
I want to bring glory
To Jesus
As I raise children
Of my own.
I want to point them
And this
All back to You, our Home.
I'm looking out
You're looking in,
What is that we're made of,
Which is that worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment