translate

Monday, April 6, 2015

Wanting, Desiring You

 I recently surprised my mother, her boy-friend, and my sister with the gift of an all expense paid trip to Colorado. As I was planning and preparing for this extravaganza, I couldn't help but constantly think about how much fun we were going to have, what we were going to do and when! For anyone who knows me personally, I am a person who likes to plan way ahead! So here I am thinking we can go to the museums, theme parks, aquariums, the mountains, nature parks, and so on. It also wouldn't be shocking for those who know me to hear that my mind immediately went to a theological stand point...

I couldn't help but ponder, especially during our Easter holiday season, about how much God wants/desires us. Similar to my ambitions with my family's future travels, God has planned a GRAND adventure for ALL of us. Similar to my excitement, God is over here like: "Ooooooh man, I have such great plans for you! We are going to do this and that! We are going to go here and there! I love you soooo much, how I long for our times together!"

Do you hear God saying such things? Do you believe God feels as such? Why or why not?

 9 However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,

    what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[b]—
    the things God has prepared for those who love him—
-1 Corinthians 2

What no eye has seen...what no ear has heard...
And how do we know God has "good" things for us?


28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[ have been called according to his purpose.
-Romans 8:28

3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
-Jeremiah 33:3

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and  do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
-John 14: 12

Is this evidence enough for you? Are you more the type of person who needs physical evidence rather than someone "preaching" to you? Are you more analytic, more tactile? Well, you're in luck! God doesn't ignore your requests! He doesn't push aside your doubts! And He certainly doesn't shun you in any way, shape, or form! Instead, He says: "Come."

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
-Matthew 11:29

If you have grown up in church or are just one who goes to Christmas/Easter services, you have probably heard of "doubting Thomas." Poor dude gets labeled as such. Heck we all have doubts! But what set this guy apart? Why was his doubt such a big deal that everyone now labels it along with his name?

What happened was, Jesus spent three years with twelve men, we call his disciples. He told them over and over again about the kingdom of heaven, and how the Son of Man would be crucified, BUT how he would also rise again on the third day! These men were not super mind-readers, so most of the time they didn't quite grasp what Jesus was talking about.
 How many times are we the same way?


Jesus was referring to himself when he spoke of such a death and resurrection. Some clung to his words, some thought he was a lunatic. Thomas, I could rightly imagine, was in between those two grounds. Here was his beloved friend beaten and hung. His leader, his teacher....but his savior? That was still to be revealed:

   24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed;blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
-John 20
For ALL of us does God have great/marvelous plans!
Although I study philosophy and different schools of thought, I do not forsake the Truth of Jesus. This as you can imagine can bring conflicts with some, but I KNOW there is only ONE Truth and only ONE way-Jesus.
Let's go back for a minute to the very first scripture shared. Read 1 Corinthians 2.
It is important to note that although Christianity like other religions has a similar "faith-base" and "trust-factor", it is about REAL events in history.
The good news; however, doesn't just focus on historical events. Better yet, it proclaims a FUTURE! A future for who, again? You & me!

And in His arms He held me.
As we embraced one another, He whispered:
"I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment