translate

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Who is MY God?

Measly Words From a Humble 20 Year Old

Who is my God you may ask. I once asked a friend a while back if they were to describe who God was for them in one word what would it be? They responded with, "Love." Love. Yes, what an excellent word to use. I feel just like that word, there are trillions others out there that we could use and could use only because of God. My God is Love, that is for sure. But He is not the love we know-where it is simply always a give and take, a feeling, a high experience, or a lust or craving kind of love. My God are the definitions we do not know nor comprehend nor can even begin to uncover.

My God is also good. Good. Even with such a word we could not say, "He is too good." For He is Good. There is no capacity of good He does not already fully measure or contain. He is always completely forever all of its definition before we knew of its meaning. For if good was simply  just the term we know it to be, it would only be a tiny, tiny, TINY drop  of sweet delicious honey from an enormous honey sickle of which my God is. 

My God is life; yet, bigger and brighter than the air from my lungs. Stronger than the earthquakes, louder than the might of Hurricanes, more complex than the infant that was just born. 

My God is like the Artist behind the magnificent canvas, the Composer behind the grand orchestra, the mighty Bolt that holds everything in place. My God can reveal aspects of Himself in and through all things. 

More importantly, my God lives in me. My God is NOT me, which  is important to note. No, God-my God, is like these bones but yet a million times stronger and never risks being broken. My God is like this heart, bringing me these feelings and emotions that leave me with more questions than answers. My God is in my brain, firing up these circuits with  an electricity that shoots me  to the moon and brings me to my knees. 

My God is Rich, worth more than ALL the gold, silver, diamonds & pearls. My God is Power. In one blink of the eye He could wipe away everything we've ever known, had, seen or experienced away. Like the thin pieces of paper His word is written on, so is the earth, the atmosphere and the universe. He speaks and marvelous colors of every array come into light. He moves and nothing is EVER the same. 

My God is the Definer. What I think should or needs to happen does not, for He is the Driver and the Controller. Yet, He considers my measly opinions. And I love it. For my God flips everything upside down. I see in black and white; I see chains and freed; I see punishment and exceptions. He says "Love one another as I have loved you. I will die for you. I will be the Judge and I will repay. I bring mercy and second chances. I will go into the dark and forbidden places. I will heal the wounded and revive the forgotten. I will become friends with the poor and adore the wretched." 

My God is not my religion, He is not my church; and most importantly, He is not what I alone say He is. He is the Great I AM, for He is who He is. God is separate from a gender, from a being, from a book, and from an organization. 

My God is matchless, a glorious beauty and willingly my best friend. My God is my Abba, my Father. My God just keeps giving and giving and giving. He never runs out of mercy and grace. 

My God is the one who starts the party and is the reason it was worth having! He is deserving of everything I have, own or dream. My God is my delight and peace. My body can hop, skip, jump and shake. It can sit, weep, break and bend. My hands can bring death and drip with blood. My mouth can cut and wound....and yet, my God still utterly & truly LOVES me. 

My God carries me, cradles me, teaches me, pushes me, stretches me, and challenges me. My God is Awesome. He is Truth. The ONLY TRUTH. There is no other God other than Jesus Christ, the Messiah-our Messiah. Three in one-Father, Spirit, Son, because HE is simply cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment