translate

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Tonight, Tonight

My cat, QI (pronounced "chē") & I are so alike. He'll cry for my attention, but as soon as I go to pet him he runs a little further out of my reach. It's not until I pick him up & he's snuggled either in my arms or on my bed with me is he satisfied.

We are all like that. We all want attention. We all want someone or something (we look up to) to grasp us & satisfy that emptiness... that loneliness...that sorrow.

It's in these moments that I have of desperation that I can do one of three things:

1) I can cry in my car like I usually do, crank up some more "emo" music or music about being with someone-which makes me jealous & depressed.

2) Reach out to the wrong crowd-those meaning the people (mainly some guy) to give me a "quick fix"

Or

3) Reach out to the right crowd-those being my brothers & sisters in Christ; as well as God, Himself.

Psalm 139 is such a beautiful reminder of not only does God see you, but He holds you! You are and can never stray too far away from His arms of mercy & grace! He's got what you need. Take time now to read this message in the Word & let it soak in...inspire you...rejuvenate you & be your comfort.

Isaiah 55 is also a good starting point in remembering God knows your needs & wants. Not only does He know them, but He created them! Not only did He create them, but He wants to be the answer to all of them! He's got you! You're covered...if you just press a little more into Him...o my soul...press into Him.

After QI & I have embraced, he's good to go. He knows I understood him & I met him where he was at...even if I had to do a little chasing around!

You know Jesus had met you where you were/are at. He did so by coming to earth to die for our sins & rise from the dead on the third day.

Yah, you're THAT big of a deal to Him!

So what will be the paths you take when you feel like crawling into a hole to die?-being over dramatic here, I know

"He satisfies you with goodness, your youth is renewed like the eagle."
-Psalm 103:5

No comments:

Post a Comment