translate

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Sweet Stabbing Aches

My friend,
why did you have to leave so soon?
My love,
Why did you leave without saying goodbye?
Did I mean so little to you
Or
Was the pain of this world we've created too much to bare?
My friend,
I miss you...More than words can say...
Did you even think what you're decision would do to me?
Did you even think?
I wish I knew your reasons why...
Every crazed song,
mountainous skyline,
& blue screen,
They bring bittersweet tastes.
I wish I could turn back time
And tell you what you mean...
You were my joy,
You were what I inspired to be.
You were my hope,
You were who I always longed to see.
My friend,
Did you leave because of something I said?
Was it something I did?
How can I not turn this back on me...
My love,
Couldn't we have started again?
I'm at a loss.
You're gone. You're gone. You're gone.
I want your touch & laughter back.
Your smile was my warmth;
Your insights were my strengths.
What was it you exactly lacked?
What did I not have that you needed?
My love,
You took a part of me when you departed.
Now that you're gone, how can I go on?
Maybe...just maybe
If I left too we would magically meet again
Somewhere on that shore...
Somewhere under the tracks...
My friend, is that what you wanted?
I wish you could speak to me now,
So this sorrow would be no more...
I have you no more.
No more.
No more.

No comments:

Post a Comment