translate

Monday, May 8, 2017

Vertical Lessons

The more I want to teach, the more I see my need to learn.
The things I want to tell you are the very things I need to hear.
I'm called to be a missionary, but I'm set in one place & told to be still.
I long for their eyes to see, when my eyes are still filled with logs.
I say I give my heart for free, but these chains force a toll.
My heart is on my sleeve and you see the blood rushing down my arm.
I can't do this-I hear my spirit cry
Yet, everyone is cheering for me to finish this race...
This race to which there are no flags.
The more I preach, the more I feel my need to forgive.
My mouth proclaims the Word, but my body screams a sonnet.
My head knows I'm already fulfilled, but my heart thinks that is a lie.
So I read the words of Solomon & cry.
The more I live, the more I don't want to.
Everyone is asking for something,
I'm just asking for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment