translate

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"GO AWAY FROM ME, LORD; I AM A SINFUL MAN!"

My friend once told me ages ago that after premiering The Passion of the Christ that as they left the theater she came across a woman with a spiked bracelet pointed inwards. Proceeding to ask this woman why she wore this, I guess my friend had never seen one (not sure on all of the details), the woman said that she couldn't bare the fact that Jesus had to go through all He did for her and felt that she still deserved to be punished. Thus, every time she sinned she would turn the bracelet inside out so the spikes would penetrate her skin. No lie!
But what would make this woman go to such an extreme? Have you ever been sooo distraught with the weight of your sin that you feel the overwhelming rush to do something about it? Ever get done with doing something and feel like you are just the epitome of scum? Well, I know I do. And I also know that I may not be a fully trained psychologist but would put into the question the parenting and type of church the person attended at the heightened years of mental foundations were formed. Why is it that after I have done something I knew I exactly shouldn't, I feel soooo utterly sick to my stomach, feel the need to go into the ultimate extremes of submission and beat myself into a transformation that is utterly unhealthy? Why is it that we as Christians, knowing and loving the one true God who paid it all, want to some how accommodate the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ?
>>As IF you're puny efforts of slavering over trying to do good and say all the right things would get you the forgiveness your original efforts diminished.

So go ahead, go memorize your whole Bible that is the special edition of both Hebrew/Greek, even speak in tongues while your at it. Go live on the streets, giving up the numerous blessings God has so richly provided you with to use to bless others. Go wear your special church garments and chat your sacred prayers, flaying your body on the ground. Stand on the corners and preach about the salvation you say is found in surrender, then go home and behind locked doors forget all about it. Because let me tell you something-nothing, absolutely nothing will make you right with your God. Because your missing everything He has so willing gave up for.

Romans, John 1:1-18,19:30, Hebrews 10, 1 John 1:7-10, 4:18
{Got your attention now, didn't I? Well, as ludicrous as it is for me to post this picture, it is even more when we do not come to repentance. True repentance, not that pishposh crap.}

No comments:

Post a Comment