translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

P.H. and my life {song}

There is a break in the bridges/and when you go to turn the corner, you better pick up your britches/because what I've seen I will tell/ and what I've seen is close to hell/ but never too far gone for a whimper/ you're never too far gone from the shelter/ I was walking on a road that seemed to be of its own accord/ a journey into an abyss I guess I had always known/ She said "do what I say and not what I do"/ but that bitter end had always been a part of you/ She snuffed it out till the root went dry/ I just sat there and watched the herald go by/We were brought in by blood/ but now we must be bought out/ I heard about what you said/ the body on the open floor/ he spat out his life and his eyes went back behind his head/ I knew no better, so I did what I knew best/ I covered the body and I went on my merry way/ I got in that car that day, only to realize the trust I buried in you was the backstabbing crock/wearing those clothes never saved us/your shiny white robes never contained us/I was left for dead by you/and now, now I'm the dead man/spew all your prophetic lies to me one last time/I gaze my eyes back into yours as you ask "is God treating you alright?"/I sat on the steps/peaked through the door/ I saw what you heard/he overpowered her/and she was left weeping with a can in her hands/the police at the door/then the dead man whispered in my head, "wasn't I a good man before?"

No comments:

Post a Comment