translate

Friday, December 21, 2012

they say God's name is the only one to sing about/I wish to say more

sometimes she over stays her welcome/sometimes she's forgotten what she owes/the homeless was given shelter/cloths, shoes, food, and.../she stepped on your shoes/passed you by, listening to what she'd always heard/ "You are home. You are family"/ but she is not/how to express the fairy tale that came true?/how to express that the one she hurt is the one she admires above all?/they are all smiles/but payment of gratitude is due them/past due/does money satisfy years of already comfort?/do words of encouragement and portraits of exaltation make everything right?/"The past is the past" you say..../but how can the past be pushed to the side if under the carpet it has laid?/honesty cuts deep like the wound it keeps/truth is swallowed but rather wants to be purged/the speechless needs words and jubilee/in a dispute both are right/you were right/in the night she'd rather tare the air from her lungs/she loves you more than the roof over her head/she is older now and "been given so much...for free"/inside she is a kid/a goat trailing this mountain from the dark valley below/years of free lunches/free cloths/free school/free love/I never hated it more since/tell her more how you'd do things differently/tell her more how she stole the time away from what was yours/...what you deserved.../I've hurt many before/I am a slacker/ I am a cheater/ I am fatherless/I am motherless/I am shame/ I am jealousy/ My name is clean in His hands/I call you brother, you call me friend/ I whisper lover, you shout the end

Harmony ,that is what I long for, that is what we need. You are so special to me and I could never bear to leave. You are so near to me, but never as close I would like you to be. Oh my dear how could I say it without you just hearing? I love you so. I 've loved you from the start. You mock me and you laugh in my face. I am nothing worth obtaining to you, nothing of worth in your heart-but you are forever number one on mine. I admire you from a far. You are so sweet but also oh so destructive. I know your not perfect, I know you were once hurt and broken. I know I don't look like the others that you are so eager to fall in love with. But you are so beautiful, so handsome to me. You take my breathe away, almost stealing it. And I am willing to turn away, I am willing to put a distance between you and I. Whatever it takes, even time and sacrifice. You are the goal I wish I could achieve, the treasure I wish to hold, the warmth I want to forever know. Maybe in a different circumstance, maybe in a different light you'll see-you're everything I am not, but everything I long to be.

The words I couldn't tell you, but God can
The words I couldn't tell you, but God can
The words I couldn't tell you, but God can
The words I couldn't tell you, but God can

No comments:

Post a Comment