translate

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Let's throw everything out of the window because we just can

8/24/11

My heart was broken today. Why? Because my sister in Christ has given into the "hollow & deceptive philosophy "(Colossians 2:8) that the world has to offer other than the Truth.-Even there one would argue "How can you be so narrow minded to say what you believe is "the Truth"?!" However, this note is not for the skeptics, but for those who have set aside Christ being the only reality (Colossians 2:17) and not fpr those who have "exchanged the glory of God" (Romans 1:21-32) for something offered from their own hands or heads. It is sad that 86% of Americans claim to be Christian and 60% are not even serious. Worse yet, only 25% are committed Christians. So what happened? A country founded on the essentials of following Christ-which is simply knowing, loving and following Him, flushed down the drain perhaps?This is not like the old religions of the past where we HAD to worship, HAD to give up our stuff or suffer the wrath of the "almighty". A lie I heard today was that truth is found in religion. Truth is you can never do anything right, never. Thus, religion is out of the window.

Was it perhaps sufferings came and you gave up? Check out 1 Peter 4:12-19, James 1:12

Did a fallout of the church occur, were you hurt by other believer's thus have rejected the whole thing? (For this one I deeply apologize and say it will never be easy to have fellowship with sinners. But it does not mean that we retire the concept of unity.) 1 John 4:1-3, Acts 5:1-11, 19:13-20 *these are just examples of what we can imagine major disappointment from those who were to be "godly". I know this issue (if it is you) will take a long line of steps and hopefully we could engage in some of those together.

Or is it that you'd rather relay on your own feelings now?John 15:1-8, Jeremiah 17:5-10. The biggest notion here is that you have forgotten the "elementary teachings" (Hebrews 6) that our faith is not based on emotion but fact. I mean look at what happened to those who trusted in emotions-Exodus 32.

"What if you just surrender?" "Surrender everything I'm looking for?" "Yes, your ideas, your understandings, your identity..." "I would just like to know who I am and why I am here." "Well, I could tell you but I don't think you would believe me." "Tell me." "I believe that you are a beautifully and fearfully made creature of God. I believe you are made for something more, made for someone to never leave not forsake you. I believe you are priceless, precious and unique. You are loved beyond your imagination by God. Loved so much to die for, and rise from the dead for." "That's very nice." "It will only ever be nice if you never let it be the truth."

I love and miss you my sister in Christ, our Lord, Father & Lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment